Forum Thread: Travel pictures

Have any cool or interesting pictures that you would like to share? Post them here.

12 Responses

Some pics I took of the Tijuca forest in Brazil.

Me and my Brazilian friends in front of Pedra da Gávea.

Some Hawaii pictures.

On top of Mauna Kea.

My buddy John chopping down rainbow eucalyptus (not really)

Standing in a sugarcane field

We had this picture taken in Tallinn, Estonia early in December at the Tallinn Christmas Market in Old Town. It looks fake, but the only thing photoshoped in this photo is the text. Tallinn is a great place to be during the holidays...as long as you don't mind being cold!

UPDATE:

Here's another pic taken earlier in the day at the Estonian market across the street from the Tallinn Market. I guess one wasn't enough this year.

It does look a little fake, but great picture nonetheless.

Interesting, humourous (re backpacking), or views you don't normally see  selected from hundreds of photos taken during a month-long Europe trip, 1987, with two friends. Route was Netherlands-Germany-Austria-Italy-Greece-Italy-Switzerland-France-Germany-Belgium-Netherlands.

Me conked out already in Netherlands. Lots of trains on this trip.

German efficiency on the Rhine river - stop boat, unload/load passengers, go - less than a minute.

Lounging on the Rhine.

The hostel in Koblenz, Germany is on a hill all by itself.

Museumed out by Austria.

San Marco Square, Venice.

Big boats in the Grand Canal, Venice. Surprising every time you see it. The hostel is on the other side.

View of Athens from the Acropolis.

Theatre at the base of the Acropolis.

Inside the Coloseum in Rome.

Inside St. Peters in the Vatican.

Where we stayed in Paris - the hostels were all full. Hey! It was cheap, okay?

Only one day in Paris. Enter the Louvre, rush, rush, rush to see find the Mona Lisa... huh? That's it? 

Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany. Beer bottles when we return to North America, feel puny in the hand.

I hope you enjoyed this sampling from the trip.

Awesome! Looks like you had a blast.

Sup? Been exploring Alaska and the Yukon for the past 9 months. Didn't really have internet access for the time I was there. It was nice to be unattached for a while. 

Anyways, my journey started in Bellingham, washington where I took a 3 day trip up the inside passage.

Sorry about the wrong date on there. I was just too lazy to change it.

So I made it to the northern top of the inside passage.

Me at the Mendenhall glacier making a tourist face. This is in Juneau.

After Juneau I headed up north to climb mountains and glaciers.

Me with a grizzly.

I have a shit load more pictures if anyone is interested in me posting them.

After going to Alaska I've now been to all 50 states.

Traveling a lot, so peace out. I'm going to bed.

Fuck it, I'm bored.

Carcross desert 

Shit load more where that came from.

There's also this little gem from my adventure. The 40oz's of PBR I tried to slam was very warm.

Ugh. Did not need to see that vid. :( But there was clear warning!

Welcome back, bud. Thanks for the pics. Let's see how long you last being bored. Since you've done all 50 states, here in Canada we have 10 provinces and 3 territories waiting for you and no two are alike.

Thanks Steven,

As far as Canada I only have The Northwest Territories, and Nunavut to go. I plan on knocking those out this summer.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active